Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Phoenix Bombers


As the arms race continues, I purchased two Eldar Phoenix Bombers. I've never used flyers in the game so I can't wait to see them in action. As with all ForgeWorld resin kits these little guys needed to be reshaped and filled in. And YES I make the little jet sounds when I hold them.... :)

The kits can with the new Valkyrie flying stands. Which at first I thought was a good thing. The stands are designed for the Valkyrie, and so there is no little "X" under the bomber.




So I really wanted to use the base as it is sturdy and it would save me from looking for material for a flying base. I tried to think of many ways to mount the bomber on the stand. Greenstuff is the solution I think is best. It doesn't require me cutting into my Phoenix and possibly ruining it.


Just slap a little cube of Greenstuff, press the model into it and presto! I'm still going to have to magnitze it as the model sits well but may fall when moved during a game. I'm going to paint the GS because I don't want a little green cube under my pretty red plane.... :)


I think the base is just right for gaming, as I see some stands for flyers that are just alittle too tall IMO. On the table I think it will be obvious that it is a flying model.